Stop the water leak if possible

28 October 2015

flooded carpet
The first course of action is to halt or limit the impact of the flood damage by stopping or reducing the ingress of water into the home or property. If from a burst water pipe or burst hot water service you will need to locate the nearest water supply tap and shut it off. In certain instances this may require a professional plumber and/or the building manager. If there is storm damage to ceilings or roofs, or water ingress via balconies or cracks in wall cavities you may need the assistance of a builder or water proofer to locate the source of the leak.